Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I dont want to love??

I'm having a few problems truly loving others...because my sinful nature doesn't want to love...

What always gets in the way? That huge roadblock which is myself. I get in the way of just about everything.

If we don't love others...we are nothing. 1 Corinthians 13 expresses this in a compelling way. "If I understood all of God's secret plans and possessed all knowledge...but didn't love others, I would be nothing." Verses 2-3

Wow...even knowing God's secret plans does not stack up to truly loving others. Imagine that.

1 John 3:16 "We know what real love is because Jesus gave up his life for us. So we also ought to give up our lives for our brothers and sisters."

1 John 4:18 "...let's not merely say that we love one another; let's show the truth by our actions. Our actions will show that we belong to the truth, so we will be confident when we stand before God."

I have to get more serious with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment