Thursday, April 22, 2010

Understanding God's Power

I doubt most of us know or understand what God's power is supposed to mean/do for our lives.

I know, in particular, that I don't understand...just because of the way I live.

For instance, I am a very fearful person. I allow my fear of just about everything to control me, to make me think too much.

Fear +++ Doubt are a packaged deal. When we are fearful as Christians, in perhaps an unconscious way, we are doubting God.

For me I feel, however, that it is not me who is doubting God...but rather my emotions. As Christians, I know that we are supposed to control our emotions...that they should be in submission to THE SPIRIT.

Romans 8:5-6 "Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit. So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace."

Romans 8:15 We have not received a spirit that makes us fearful slaves, but rather God's spirit.


It's easy to be afraid, but we must remember that we have God's power on our side.

Ephesians 1:19-20 "I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God's power for us who believe in him. This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honour at God's right hand in the heavenly realms. Now he is far above any ruler or authority or power or leader or anything else--not only in this world but also in the world to come."

Remember that God's power which we have if we believe is THE SAME power that raised Christ from the dead, made the Earth, controls all creation.

I believe that faith is something you have to practice; it doesn't come easy. If I don't understand God's power, then I better be learning about it! I pray all of you will understand God's power for your lives and encourage others in it! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment